CLASSIC MELBOURNE BIKE TOUR
Our Classic Melbourne Bike Tour
Embark on an exciting journey through the vibrant streets of Melbourne with Blue Tongue Bikes’ Classic Melbourne Bike Tour. Our experienced guides will lead you through a carefully curated itinerary, showcasing the city’s iconic landmarks, cultural gems, and picturesque surroundings. The tour runs for about 4 hours and covers 16km (10 miles).
Throughout the tour, our knowledgeable guides will share captivating stories and insights, enriching your understanding of Melbourne’s history, culture, and local way of life.
It all starts from our shop at 20 Rebecca Walk, Batman Park, Melbourne 3000. Before we proceed to.
Experience the Yarra River’s Tranquility: Embark on a serene journey along the Yarra River, allowing the breathtaking city skyline and the peaceful waters, which the Kulin Nation has cherished for over 40,000 years, to envelop you in their beauty.
Pay Homage at the Shrine of Remembrance: Pause to pay your respects at the solemn Shrine of Remembrance. This poignant site resonates with the weight of Australia’s history and the valor of its heroes, offering a space for contemplation and reverence.
Discover Sporting Greatness at MCG and Australian Open Venue: Set out to explore Melbourne’s iconic sporting destinations – the hallowed Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and the vibrant Australian Open Tennis venue. These legendary arenas hold the echoes of sporting legends who have left an indelible mark on history.
Step into History at Cooks’ Cottage: Journey back in time at Cooks’ Cottage, a charming historic abode that provides a window into Melbourne’s colonial heritage and the domestic life of Captain James Cook. Traverse this quaint dwelling to connect with the city’s past.
Marvel at Parliament House’s Architectural Grandeur: Pedal your way to the architectural marvel that is Parliament House. Be captivated by its striking design while unraveling the city’s political heritage that has shaped its governance.
Indulge in Fitzroy’s Culinary Scene: Satisfy your appetite in Fitzroy, a haven for the hip and culturally inclined. Immerse yourself in its diverse culinary scene and soak in the vibrant ambiance, a perfect way to recharge and refuel.
Admire Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens: Witness the majestic Royal Exhibition Building set amidst the lush Carlton Gardens. This harmonious fusion of urban elegance and verdant beauty captures Melbourne’s allure.
Immerse Yourself in Chinatown’s Vibrancy: Engage with the vibrant pulse of Chinatown, where the sights, sounds, and culinary treasures transport you to a realm of cultural richness. Immerse yourself in the tapestry of flavors and experiences.
Conclude Amidst Creativity at Hosier Lane: Your Classic Melbourne Bike Tour culminates at the captivating Hosier Lane, an enchanting alleyway adorned with mesmerizing graffiti art. This thriving canvas epitomizes Melbourne’s dynamic artistic scene, leaving you immersed in its creativity.
Experience the Classic Melbourne City Tour by Blue Tongue Bikes, available daily during the summer, spring, and autumn seasons at 10 am. During the winter months, we offer the tour exclusively on Fridays and Saturdays. As we prioritize a personalized experience, we keep our tour groups small, making bookings essential to secure your spot.
1. How long is the bike tour? The tour’s duration varies, but it usually lasts around 4 hours and covers about 16km (10 miles), including stops at different points of interest.
2. Do I need to be an experienced cyclist to join the tour? Cycling experience is a must the tour is designed for cyclists of various skill levels, however you need to be able to keep up with the group and stay safe.
4. Are bike rentals included in the tour price? Yes, bike rentals are included in the tour package. Participants are provided with comfortable and bikes suitable for the route.
5. Is there a guide during the tour? Yes, the tour is led by an experienced and knowledgeable guide who provides insights about the city’s history, culture, and architecture.
6. Are there refreshment breaks during the tour? Yes, the tour includes a couple of breaks at strategic points and a lunch break, food and drinks and not included in the price.
7. What should I wear and bring with me? Comfortable clothing suitable for cycling is recommended. Don’t forget sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat. A small backpack for personal items, a water bottle, and a camera are also advisable.
8. Can children join the tour? The tour is typically open to older children and teenagers who are comfortable riding a bike. However, it’s best to check with the tour provider about age and height requirements.
9. Is the tour safe? Safety is a priority. The route is chosen to avoid heavy traffic areas, and the guide will provide safety instructions before the tour begins. Helmets are usually provided and strongly recommended.
10. How do I book the tour? You can book the Blue Tongue Bikes Classic Melbourne Bike Tour online through this website. Advance booking is recommended, especially during peak tourist seasons.
11. What happens if the weather is bad on the day of the tour? Tours will proceed rain or shine unless there are safety concerns. We’ll provide rain ponchos at cost if needed, but you’re welcome to bring your own rain gear for added comfort.
12. Can I bring my own bike? No, for safety and insurance reasons you will need to be ridding one of our bikes.
Following the same route as the Classic Melbourne City Tour but with the added boost of our electric bikes.
Have one of our expert guides all to yourself! Private tours can even be customized to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Melbourne trip.